Help about Photos
The photo page shows the most recently added photos, move your mouse over them to find out more, click to see a larger image.
Contributors and their totals of photographs are listed, click on the user name to go to their user page or send a message.
If you are listed under more than one name, register this as an "issue" using the Changes, bugs & ideas link, and the entries will be merged. Include the name you want for the combined entry as this will change the name on all your photos wherever they are shown anywhere on the site.
Add a Photo
— A photo can be added from the Main Menu, Photo page by
selecting Photo or from the Gazetteer Place Page by selecting
Add new info and Photo.
Submit a photograph - stage 1
Important Copyright Information
You retain the copyright to any photographs you upload to CanalPlanAC. Please select the terms under which you will permit others to make use of it.
Note that the default licence has changed (December 27 2011) to be much more permissive - you can still use the old licence if you prefer.
- Traditional CanalPlanAC licence: You grant the operators of CanalPlanAC a licence to use your photograph (with attribution) in any way they wish as part of the operation of, or publicity for, waterways related software.
- Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike licence: This licence lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms. All new works based on yours will carry the same licence, so any derivatives will also allow commercial use.
By continuing past this point you are consenting to these conditions
Any dimensions for the photo are fine as long as it is of reasonable quality - the program will resize it automatically. However there is an upper limit to the file size of 2 megabytes to reduce the load on the server.
Select the file for your photograph of Gazetteer Place
Browse allows the selection of one photo which then shows the following item.
Selected file: Photo01.jpg
If you have made a mistake Browse will allow the selection of another photo.
Back returns to the current Gazetteer Place
Next continues to Stage 2
Submit a photograph - stage 2
This screen shows the following information.
- This is your photograph of Gazetteer Place as it will appear.
- Options to Rotate clockwise or Rotate anticlockwise
- If you know the date the photograph was taken, please provide it. If you only know the month or the year, this is better than nothing
Please provide a caption for the photo (this is shown under the photograph on the index page).
- Boats shown in this photo
- Select from the list of boats available and click arrow to move to boats shown
Add any other information you want about the photo.
Next uploads the photo to CanalPlanAC
If you have selected the Main Menu, Photo page an additional option Show deleted Photos is displayed. This page shows photos that have been deleted from CanalPlanAC. A few users have the ability to delete them permanently or restore them to the original place. If you do, when you click on a photo to view it full-size you'll have buttons for the purpose below it.
Click on the photo displayed as a thumbnail in a Gazetteer Place. You will see the photo with the caption and photographer credit. Click again and a menu will appear.
- View — This option will show an enlarged view of the
Options for Edit photo information, Move photo and Share are available at the bottom of the screen.
- Move — This screen shows the following information:
The photograph below is currently listed as being of Gazetteer Place. Places adjacent to Gazetteer Place are:
- before this place
- after this place
Select one of these by clicking on it, otherwise enter the CanalPlanAC id for the place in the box below or "find" will open a selector box. Click on Cancel or Do it to complete the operation.
- Delete — This screen shows the following information:
You plan to delete the photograph below from Gazetteer Place.
Please enter an explanation into the box of why you want to do this. Deleted photographs can be restored, but if you provide a good explanation here for why the picture is really unsuitable it will be removed permanently from the system. Some pre-prepared reasons are available.
- This photograph should be deleted because it ...................
Click on Cancel or Do it to complete the operation.
- Edit Data — This screen shows the following information: You cannot change ownership of photographs from this page. At the moment you can change the Caption:, Taken: and Description: details even if you aren't the owner. All changes are monitored and, if this facility is abused it will be removed.
- Tagging a boat
- Boats shown in this photo
- Select from the list of boats available and click arrow to
move to boats shown
Click on Cancel or Save to complete the operation.