What Changed in October 2017
Saturday 7 October 2017
- Lots of work on editing rings to make the checking work, improving the logic flow and the link - closes issue:317
- Pre-release patch (somehow lost earlier) to prevent crash instead of user-friendly error report when adding places. Fixes issue 325 and issue 331.
Sunday 8 October 2017
- Fixed the second part of issue 272 to present the nearest navigable place on the drop-down in the route editor. Also added the distance away to the title text and prevent display when the accuracy was below the arbitrary 5km I've used elsewhere.
→ Release 9.30.9
Sunday 15 October 2017
- Fixed obscure problem when a place no longer existed when adding places near to it
- Fixed bugs with "large place":
- the "gazetteer" button now works
- marker places don't appear in the list (either as markers or as "NOT FOUND" depending on settings)
To Saturday 21 October 2017
- A major piece of work to improve the capability for internationalisation; when I release the source of CanalPlanAC I really want to have the infrastructure ready so people can create non-English versions of the site. Includes:
- Restructuring the data files and creating language specific directories under data/i18n and ensuring the code uses them, including
- the holiday data file
- the new alert messages and their buttons
- the template files for place discussion and history display
- A complex build process to ensure that all messages exist and all used, and which automatically expands as further languages are added.
→ Release 9.30.10
- Patched a couple of typos in the above
- Fixed (pre-release) issue 338 bug with links to nearest places from the empty gazetteer page
- Ensured all JSON fields have at least some value for editing place details (the obscure source of issue 335
→ Release 188.8.131.52
Sunday 22 October 2017
- Completed the removal of PNG linear maps from the system to satisfy issue 247
- Fixed a few arcane bugs in the code to edit place details that I triggered when testing this
- Added a deterministic cap to the number of items in the low queue. Will make stochastic in the future.
→ Release 9.30.11