What Changed in June 2019
to Saturday 8 June 2019
- Updated holiday file for early May holiday in 2012
- Lots of work on new framework for geodata.
- A new configuration table in program.data
- A new table in the database
- A new include file that uses the first to build the second, using plugins for calculations and remote fetches
- New functions in the language to support geohash and Maidenhead references
- Migrated opencage geodata fetching
- Added what3words geodata fetching
- Changes to how you edit road details, postcodes etc with a proper "override" box
- Changed display for places to use new postcode, address, roadname, roadnumber, MGS, what3words and geohash.
- Integrated existing postcode fetcher into the new geodata framework. Checks for when to use this and when that from opencage
- A fix to the language which segfaulted when calling a single argument function with multiple arguments
- Fixed issue 607 - dimensions for winding holes weren't being saved when routes built.
To Saturday 15 June 2019
- More work on geodata
- Program to pull all existing geodata into new format to prevent huge amount of fetching when released
- Moved several values from the menu into the dropdown
- Retitled that area "geodata"
- Improved the display in assorted ways
- Added a distance for address, displayed on page when > 200m, and always on edit_details. Is also a link to a map of the spot the address is of.
- Added an error trap for attempting to iterate on unassociated master database
→ Release 9.32.23 (beta only)
Sunday 16 June 2019
→ Release 9.32.23
- Moved all the internal geodata calculations into a single new file. Was able to simplify some things and tidy others up at the same time. Added "plus codes" (Open Location Codes). Used the test framework and effectively did a bit of test-driven development.
- Work to provide an "edit navigational note" for places through "edit details" rather than rely on the edit menu.
Tuesday 18 June 2019
- Fixed an unreported bug where creating/editing navigational notes for structures crashed
Thursday 20 June 2019
- Reworked the "show stoppages as navigational notes" code to take stoppage descriptions from the appropriate database table rather than them being hard-wired in
- Completed abandoned code to show stoppages on places within the stoppage, not just at the ends
Saturday/Sunday 22/3 June 2019
- Completed (simpler) approach to navigational notes. Removed some of the old menu items. Reused code from features
- Renamed a few parts of edit_details.can which made it a lot more friendly
→ Release 9.32.24