What Changed in February and March 2018
- Fixed bug where social sign-on got into an infinite redirect loop – [mantis:377|issue 377]].
- Fixed typo that caused the means of mooring not to be shown on a gazetteer page – issue 393.
Monday 5 February 2018
- Fixed code for adding new places so it worked if there were no marker places anywhere – issue 389.
→ Release 188.8.131.52
Tuesday 6 February 2018
- Changed the code for polyline generation so that it does all the waterways coming off a junction if a junction is moved. In response to issue 396.
→ Release 184.108.40.206
Friday 9 Feburary 2018
- Fixed issue 398 - a silly error left in when fixing issue 396 - pre-release
- Fixed a long-standing error in total distance calculations that sometimes added a very short extra distance
Saturday 10 February 2018
- Changes to the bug reporting to make it smoother and to allow more information to be sent from queued reports - enabling reporting of minor glitches that don't need to stop the system. An important stage in issue 397.
Saturday 3 March 2018
- Major rewrite of the variant_routes module (the code that generates other versions of your current route). This started because it didn't always work, in fixing that I found a new way to generate variants, and in getting that to work I found several problems in the actual main route generator in how it weighted routes. It's even possible that it sometimes didn't generate the optimal route in the past, but I don't actually have any instances to show that.
→ Release 9.32.12
- Fixed problems with deleting all marker places between two real places (reported in issue 404). It doesn't look that code had ever been properly adjusted to cope with the creation of no-marker tables. Took the opportunity to make a couple of cosmetic tweaks to the page (a small space before the feature dropdown, and turning "delete marker places" into a label for the checkbox).
→ Release 220.127.116.11
- Improved the RSS feed to fix all the errors and infelicities identified in issue 403 - done by pushing files to live as could then connect directly to the wonderful W3C RSS validator.
Wednesday 7 March 2018
- Reverted the source to before the changes in 9.32.12 as they broke route generation in some circumstances.
Thursday 8 March 2018
- Almost certainly found the bug causing problems that caused yesterdays reversion.
Saturday 17 March 2018
- Activated old stoppages code with manual database entry to cover the Middlewich Branch breach
- Hid alternative routes as this is still odd
→ Release 9.32.13 [to beta for testing]
- Fix to code so that if you try to plan a route into an excluded waterway it will come up with a sensible message
- Cosmetic improvements to stoppages
- Message no longer refers to a "Continue" button
- Improve formatting of stoppage text
- Appropriate pop-up message when stoppages cleared
→ Release 18.104.22.168
- Fixed bug in edit - side effect of fixes in 22.214.171.124
- Photos now show again in the change log and rss feed
Sunday 18 March 2018
- Major refactoring of "no route" code - broke a multiple page function into half a dozen functions and made the code a lot cleaner (in justification, I used language facilities that weren't available when I first wrote the code).
- The explanation of why there is no route now works properly for stoppages between places on the waterway you are planning from
- Changed link on stoppage message to refer to C&RT not Waterscape, with appropriate link
→ Release 9.32.14