Canal de Brienne
The Canal de Brienne is a commercial waterway and is part of the Waterways of Mainland Europe. It runs for 1.56 kilometres through 2 locks from Port de l'Embouchure (Toulouse) (where it joins the Canal de Garonne - (Main line) and the Canal du Midi) to Garonne - Brienne Jonction (where it joins the River Garonne).
The exact dimensions of the largest boat that can travel on the waterway are not known. The maximum headroom is not known. The maximum draught is not known.
A map will be shown here if you are logged on
|Port de l'Embouchure (Toulouse)|
|Pont Jumeaux (droite)||0.11 kilometres||0 locks|
|Ecluse de Brienne
Lock usually stands open
|0.13 kilometres||0 locks|
|Passerelle d'Ecluse de Brienne||0.16 kilometres||1 lock|
|Passerelle d'Allée de Barcelone||0.53 kilometres||1 lock|
|Pont de Avenue Paul Séjourné||0.88 kilometres||1 lock|
|Pont de Boulevard Maréchal Leclerc||1.04 kilometres||1 lock|
|Ecluse Saint-Pierre||1.45 kilometres||1 lock|
|Pont d'Ecluse Saint-Pierre||1.48 kilometres||2 locks|
|Garonne - Brienne Jonction
Junction of the River Garonne and the Canal de Brienne
|1.56 kilometres||2 locks|
Why not log in and add some (go to "Edit and Change" on the menu and select "Edit websites")?
Wikipedia has a page about Canal de Brienne
The Canal de Brienne (also known as the "Canal de Saint-Pierre") is a French canal connecting the Garonne River with the Canal du Midi and the Canal de Garonne. It has two locks. The lock opening to the Garonne is known as Ecluse Saint-Pierre. The lock nearer to the Canal du Midi usually stands open.
The canal is in the centre of Toulouse, in the Midi-Pyrénées region of France. It runs for only 1,560 m (0.97 mi) from its source at Bazacle on the Garonne to its terminal basin where it meets the Canal du Midi. At the joining with the Canal du Midi is the Ponts Jumeaux (English: twin bridges).
The canal was inaugurated on 14 April 1776. It was intended to carry water from the Garonne to the Canal latéral à la Garonne and provide a navigable route to the port de la Daurade, situated in the centre of Toulouse on the Garonne.
It owes its name to Etienne Charles de Loménie de Brienne (1727–1794), archbishop of Toulouse.